Home Biography Map PackList Pictures

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Amicalola Falls

I'm down at the Amicalola Falls Lodge right now, getting ready for bed. Mom and David came drove me here over the past two days, which was awful nice of them. They'll be vacationing up the east coast for the next week. The lodge is pretty nice. We got a room with a loft, which means I have to climb a ladder to get up to where my bed is. A LADDER. Can you believe it?! Things sure are crazy in the south.

I quit working at Domino's exactly three weeks ago. I told my boss that I had to start training for the trail. In reality I just couldn't stand working there anymore. In my three weeks off I've hiked about five miles and renewed my drivers license, so, yeah, been pretty productive.

The lodge sits on top of Amicalola Falls. Today was cloudy and the top of the falls was shrouded in fog. I hiked down out of the mist to the visitor center. Tomorrow I'll do the approach trail, which is an 8 mile trail from the lodge to the top of Springer Mountain and the beginning of the Appalachian Trail. Mom and David will meet me there to take pictures. The plan is to drive back and spend one more night at the lodge before leaving for good on Tuesday, though I may just keep going tomorrow after I meet mom and David (if I'm feeling saucy).

No comments:

Post a Comment